Winter Share 2016/17
A bi-weekly winter share distribution starting in November and continuing until early February. There will be 6 smaller more frequent distributions this year. We have decided to do the share more frequently so that members do not have to store so many vegetables through the month.
Share distributions will run late November-early February. We will be open for 1 staffed day and each distribution and 1 self-serve day (if you are unable to come on the staffed pick up day).
Dates and times as follows: (Mark your calendars)
- Thursday November 17
- Thursday December 1st
- Thursday Decemeber 15th
- Thursday January 5th
- Thursday January 19th
- Thursday February 2nd
Share hours will be:
Thursdays- 3-6:30 and Fridays 1-6:30
In our washroom/storage facility at Riverland Farm (the red tobacco barn just down the road from and to the South of the share room 225 River Rd. Sunderland).
What's in the share?
Here is a general outline of what we plan to offer in the share (quantities may vary):
Root vegetables will make up most of the value of and be the primary ingredient in your share. It is winter in New England and we are going to eat like it! The share is designed to be manageable and keep until the next pick-up.
- You can expect roughly 30# of Root vegetables per month (Carrots, Beets, Purple Top Turnips, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Parsnips, Rutabaga, Celeriac, Winter Radishes).
- The remaining value of the share will be made up in Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, Kale, Collards, Garlic, Spinach, Salad Greens, Herbs, Broccoli, Kohlrabi, Canned Tomato Puree from our own tomatoes, and more!
- You can expect the most greens in the share in November and December. In January and February we expect to have greens from our low tunnels high tunnel. We’ll pick kale from the field as long as it stays good!
- All of the produce will be washed and much of it will be pre-packed for your convenience.
Our goal is to provide you with a varied and steady diet of fresh produce from November to February.
The 2016/17 Winter Share Cost Is $250
- You can either pay in full or with two installments. Both of these options are available on-line or by check.
- $150 deposit at signing up.
- Remainder of balance due December 1st.
Sign-up deadline is November 5th.